Pumpkin And White Chocolate Pancakes
Thursday, October 11th 2018, 9:20 am
News On 6
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Butter-Melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Butter Pecan Syrup (recipe at bottom)
- Heat a non-stick electric griddle, large cast iron skillet or cast iron griddle to 350°F (If you are using a cast iron skillet or griddle heat on medium heat).
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mix together the buttermilk, heavy cream, melted butter, egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree and brown sugar until the mixture is smooth and doesn’t have any lumps.
- Add the liquid mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir gently just until everything is incorporated. Once everything is mixed together gently stir in the white chocolate chips
- Using a 1/3 cup measurement scoop the mix onto the hot griddle or skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once little bubbles have formed throughout each pancake flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stack together. Continue cooking the rest of the batter. Once you have cooked all of the pancakes top with the butter pecan syrup.
Butter Pecan Syrup
- 1 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- ¼ Cup Butter (unsalted)
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the pecans to the melted butter and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the maple syrup and salt to the mixture and turn off the heat.