Scrumptious Veggie Quesadillas
Thursday, July 26th 2018, 3:14 pm
By: News On 6
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup baby bok choy, diced
- 1 cup sweet or red onion, diced
- ½ cup red, orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup okra, sliced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup baby kale, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced very finely
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup of fresh heirloom tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Salsa and/or Pico de Gallo (homemade or store bought)
- Kite Hill Jalapeno Cream Cheese
- 2 packages Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted Mash 7 Grain Premium Wraps or La Tortilla Factory Organic Sprouted Wheat Tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high. Add zucchini, squash, bok choy, onion, bell pepper, cabbage, carrots, okra, mushrooms, kale, jalapeno, cumin, chili powder, chipotle powder and sauté stirring constantly until the vegetables are crisp tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron griddle or flat skillet on medium heat. Place a tortilla or tortillas on the skillet or griddle and top half of the tortilla with the sautéed vegetables.
- Fold the tortilla over to cover and cook several minutes until tortilla is slightly brown. Then flip and brown the other side.
- Serve with salsa and/or fresh Pico de Gallo and Kite Hill Jalapeno Cream Cheese and enjoy.