Cranberry Kale Salad
Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 2:43 pm
By: News On 6
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 green onion
- 1 teaspoon Creole or mild coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- A few cracks of fresh black pepper
- 2/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli broken into small pieces
- 8-10 cups (about 8 ounces) kale, massaged
- 6 ounces tart dry cherries or Craisins
- 1/3 cup salted, shelled sunflower seeds
- In the jar of your blender, combine the vinegar, onion, mustard, salt, pepper, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Set aside.
- In a very large bowl, combine the broccoli, kale, cherries, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle about 3/4 of the dressing onto the salad and toss to coat evenly. Add more dressing if desired. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.