Mushroom Lovers Pizza
Thursday, April 26th 2018, 4:17 pm
By: News On 6
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps, cleaned with a mushroom brush and stems removed
- ¼ cup Sprouts Arrabbiata Spicy Pasta Sauce (or any pizza or marinara sauce of your choice)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Penzey’s Mural of Flavor spice blend or Italian Spice blend of your choice
- 4 tablespoons Veggies Sauté Italiano or sautéed veggies of your choice
- 3 or 4 Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 pieces Applegate Naturals Uncured Turkey Pepperoni cut in half, or more to taste
- 1 or 2 Artichoke hearts (canned in water), drained thoroughly and chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh mozzarella cheese chopped into small pieces or grated
- 2 leaves fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place cleaned mushroom caps on the baking sheet with the rounded sides down. Bake until slightly tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven and blot away excess moisture. Mix the minced garlic into the pasta sauce and divide the sauce and spread over the top of each mushroom. Spread the sautéed veggies evenly over each mushroom cap, and top with the olives and the chopped artichoke hearts. Divide cheese and top the pizzas
- *For the meat lovers, top one cap with the pepperoni and cheese. For the vegetarians, top with cheese. For the vegans, leave off the cheese and meat.
- Return to oven and bake until the mushrooms are tender, the veggies are hot, and the cheese has melted, about 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy! Makes 2 servings.
- *Penzeys Spices can be ordered online at *Penzeys Spices can be ordered online at penzeys.com. They have a variety of spice blends including tasty salt-free blends.