Spring Carrot-Ginger Soup
Thursday, March 29th 2018, 2:45 pm
By: News On 6
- 2 cups organic carrots, chopped
- 2 organic shallots, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 6 cups water
- 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp grated ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Virtuous Living Hope blend
- 2 tsp Virtuous Living Himalayan pink salt (or brand of your choice)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2tbsp fresh parsley, garnish
- In a medium sauté pan, sauté shallots, and garlic in coconut oil until translucent. Remove from heat.
- Place carrots, and water in high-powered blender and blend on high until pureed. Pour carrot puree, into pot, on medium heat. Continue by adding sautéed vegetables, herbs and spices.
- Grate peeled ginger into the soup mixture.
- Finish by adding 1 can of full fat coconut milk to thicken.
- Cook about 8-10 minutes on medium-low heat. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.