- Low Fat Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing
- 1/2 cup Apple, (Not Delicious), chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 3/4 lb. Low fat ground turkey (or leftover cooked turkey)
- 1 1/2 cup Low Sodium stuffing (1/2 pkg)
- 3/4 cup Low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 375 (350, if using cooked turkey)
- Stab Squash multiple times. Microwave 3 minutes. Cool 3 minutes. Cut off ends and slice like bread.
- Place on foil covered baking sheet. Brush with dressing.
- Heat 2 Tbls. of Salad dressing and cook apples and onions for 3-4 minutes in a large skillet. Turn off
- Add the ground turkey, stuffing, chicken broth, dried cranberries and egg. Mix well.
- Use a #8 scoop of 1/2 cup measuring cup to scoop the mix onto the squash rings.
- Optional: Drizzle with more dressing.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the squash is tender and the meatloaf is done.
Other options…Crushed pineapple, drained in place of apple, raisins instead of cranberries, cornbread
and seasoning instead of stuffing mix, chopped roasted pecans.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Calories 217, Calories from fat 22.25g, Cholesterol 60.5 mg, Carbohydrates 37.25 g, Fiber 3.25 g,
Sodium 168.25 mg, Sugar 14.5 g, Protein 13.5 g