Pumpkin Couscous Salad
Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 2:29 pm
By: News On 6
- 3 cups blue pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and cut into wedges
- 2 red bell peppers, left whole for roasting
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin salt & pepper
- ? cup pecans
- 1 cup couscous
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar optional dash of cayenne Preheat oven to 350°F
- In bowl, add oil to pumpkin pieces to coat. Spread onto baking sheet.
- Season pumpkin with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Add onions and red peppers to baking sheet.
- Bake in 350° oven for around 1 hour, until vegetables are soft.
- Once done, remove from oven and deseed and cube red peppers.
- Toast pine nuts over medium heat. Set aside.
- Prepare couscous according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Mix dressing ingredients together. Add this carefully through the vegetable mixture.
- To assemble salad: Pour couscous on a platter, arrange vegetables over the top.
- Top with pecans. Serve immediately.
Optional: Add ½ cup of golden raisins or pomegranate seeds for a nice pop!