Deep Fried Avocado Tacos With Chipotle Aioli
Thursday, September 14th 2017, 1:52 pm
News On 6
- 2 Ripe Avocados, Cubed
- 6 Taco Shells, Crispy or Soft Shells
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Vine Ripe Tomato, Diced
- 1 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 4 cups Vegetable Oil
- *Chipotle Aioli
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp. Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- Peel avocado and cut into ½” by ½” cubes and place into bowl of water with 1 Tbsp. of lime juice.
- Combined mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle chili powder and garlic powder to make Chipotle Aioli.
- In a small bowl mix 2 eggs and cold water and set aside, then in another bowl mix Cajun seasoning and cornstarch, and in a third bowl place panko bread crumbs.
- Place vegetable oil in a large sauce pan and heat over medium heat to 350 degrees.
- Bread avocado cubes by first coating in the cornstarch mixture, then dip into egg/water mixture and finally coat in the panko bread crumbs.
- Fry breaded avocado cubes in hot oil until golden brown (about 5 minutes), assemble tacos, top with Chipotle Aioli and enjoy.