Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 2:40 pm
News On 6
- 1 cup Hiland Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Griffin's vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups Shawnee Mills All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint Billy Goat Bourbon Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (for the adults)
- 1 pint Billy Goat Salted Caramel Ice Cream (for the kids)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, white sugar and brown sugar until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, then mix into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place 1/4 cup fulls of dough onto baking sheet, allowing for approximately 9 cookies per sheet. Slightly flatten each dough ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden brown. Don't overbake.
- Cool 2 minutes before removing from baking sheets.
- Once cooled, sandwich cookies with scoops of Billy Goat Ice Cream.
- Eat immediately. Or, to store, wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap, and then place in a large freezer bag, and keep in the freezer.
Ice Cream Sandwich Tip:
Slightly under bake cookies. This keeps cookies soft and chewy, even once frozen