NSU Education Professor's 'Fluffy Slime' Recipe
Thursday, June 15th 2017, 12:09 pm
By: News On 6
Learning shouldn't stop just because kids are on summer break.
Dr Linda Wilson from NSU's College of Education in Broken Arrow stopped by the News On 6 at noon Thursday and showed Dave Davis how to make "Fluffy Slime" and use it as a learning tool.
You can watch the video to see how to make "Fluffy Slime."
Fluffy Slime recipe
- 4 cups White School Glue
- 8-10 cups shaving cream (less than a full canister)
- 1-12oz bottle contact lens (saline) solution
- Food dye, optional
Or for a smaller portion:
- 1 cup glue
- 3 cups shaving cream
- 5+ Tablespoons contact lens solution (this will need to be adjusted based on your slime - things like humidity and type of shaving cream will mean you need more or less)
- Empty glue into a large mixing bowl.
- If you are adding food coloring or glitter, stir this in now.
- Stir shaving cream into slime mixture, stirring continually.
- Add the contact solution in small amounts at a time. This acts as the slime activator.
- Once the slime is cohesive, no longer sticky or appearing to have any liquid in the mixture, start kneading the slime. This is going to help it be less sticky.
- Knead the slime for at least 3 minutes before adding any more ingredients to adjust.
- When the slime has been thoroughly kneaded and adjusted, give it to the kids in a clean solid surface.
Note: You can add glow in the dark paint to this recipe, but most glow in the dark items require a 48-72 hour activation period. You can also add glitter to this recipe if you wish.