Grilled Pound Cake With Berries
Thursday, June 8th 2017, 2:01 pm
By: News On 6
- 1 pound cake, fresh or store-bought, sliced
- ½ cup butter melted
- 8 oz. strawberries, diced
- 8 oz. blueberries
- 8 oz. raspberries
- 8 oz. blackberries
- ½ cup sugar, granulated
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar, granulated
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, mix berries, sugar and lemon zest and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Prepare the grill, griddle or skillet over medium heat. Brush melted butter on both sides of sliced pound cake. Place on grill and toast both sides until golden brown about 1 minute.
- Spoon whipped cream into a glass or serving dish. Top with berry mixture. Place grilled pound cakes on the side and top with chocolate shavings as desired.