A Bixby family is using humor to lighten the mood after a lightning strike fire destroyed their house.
Robert Hargrave uses his camera to document just about everything – even his house when it went up in flames.
Lightning struck the house last Wednesday night. Robert, his wife and five of their young children were inside, but, thankfully, they all made it out safely.
Robert tried to put out the fire himself, but when that didn't work he started recording.
His camera was rolling the next day when he saw, for the first time, what the fire did to his home.
“I wasn't expecting the damage to be as bad as it is,” he said.
The family says no doubt a lightning strike caused the fire but says investigators are looking into the possibility that natural gas piping may have made the fire worse.
“We're glad to be alive, for sure, but I wish it didn't happen. I mean, this is horrible,” he said.
But Robert's attitude, and the kindness from his community have made a tough thing a little easier.
“Life's too short to not have a good sense of humor,” he said. “I don't even have words to describe it because it's just so - it just shows how good so many people are in our community that we don't even know.”
The family is also documenting how to deal with loss after a fire to help other fire victims.