Marzano Pesto Pizza
Monday, April 17th 2017, 1:25 pm
By: News On 6
- 1 14oz. dough
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of pesto
- 7 oz. of mozzarella - Andolini's uses a shredded/diced mozzarella, but small chunks of fresh mozzarella would work too
- 1/2 cup of crushed San Marzano tomatoes (about 3 whole tomatoes, peeled)
- 1 tablespoon of pecorino romano cheese
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees and preheat a pizza stone in your oven, if you have one. Ideally, give the stone and oven 30 minutes to come fully to temperature before baking the pie.
- In the meantime, push out your dough to form a 14” pizza crust. Place on a lightly oiled pan for easy transfer to the stone when it’s time to bake.
- Lightly drizzle the entire crust with the olive oil. Use your fingers or the back of a spoon to gently spread it over the dough.
- Spread the pesto over the olive oil, covering all of the crust except the edges with a thin even layer of pesto.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over the entire pizza and transfer pizza to hot stone.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove pizza from oven, and top with crushed tomatoes and a sprinkling of pecorino romano cheese.