Coffee Pot May Have Sparked Berryhill House Fire


Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 7:28 am
By: News On 6


Firefighters believe a coffee pot sparked a fire which heavily damaged a Berryhill home early Wednesday.

Tulsa and Berryhill Fire Departments responded to the home in the 3100 block of South 59th West Avenue at about 3 a.m. 

A neighbor told News On 6, the home's resident woke up after hearing crackling sounds to find her home on fire.

The neighbor said the woman fell asleep after leaving a coffee pot turned on.  

Firefighters said the resident got out of the home safely.