Linguine With White Bean Puttanesca
Monday, March 20th 2017, 2:53 pm
By: News On 6
- 6 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ½ -ounce) can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ½-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 12 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup grated pecorino Romano
- Cook linguine according to package directions, reserving ½ cup cooking water. Place in large serving bowl and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened about 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Stir in beans, tomatoes, olives, capers and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until heat through, about 3 minutes.
- Add bean mixture and parsley to linguine and toss to combine. Add pasta cooking water, ¼ cup at a time, until mixture is moistened. Sprinkle with pecorino and serve.
Weight Watchers “Dinners In A Flash” Cookbook
10 SmartPoints per serving