Pumpkin Pie Stuffed French Toast
Tuesday, October 18th 2016, 8:53 am
By: News On 6
- 4 -1 ½ inch thick slices of French bread
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ jar Southern Okie Gourmet Pumpkin Spread (9oz)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Hi Land milk
- 2 tablespoons Cheatwood’s honey
- 1 ½ teaspoon Griffin’s vanilla
- Griffin’s Butter Pecan syrup
- Cut a 3 inch pocket about 2 inches deep into each bread slice.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer for 20 seconds on medium speed. Add sugar, pumpkin spread, pecans and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Divide cheese mixture evenly into pocket of bread slices to form a sandwich. Place bread slices in baking dish and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, honey and vanilla. Pour egg mixture over bread slices pressing bread down slightly to absorb the egg mixture. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bread slices over once or twice during chilling time.
- Heat lightly greased griddle or frying pan to medium heat. Cook bread slices on hot griddle for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once throughout cooking time. Serve topped with additional Southern Okie Gourmet Pumpkin Spread and syrup.