Electrical Problem To Blame For Sand Springs RV Trailer Fire


Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 8:14 am
By: News On 6


Firefighters believe an electrical problem with an appliance may have sparked a fire in a travel trailer at Riverview RV Park early Wednesday.

At about 12:45 a.m., Sand Springs Fire Department was sent to the park in the 11400 block of Highway 51.  

A woman called after smelling smoke and got out of the trailer.  

Firefighters arrived, put out the fire and rescued the woman's dog.  

The fire department says a smoke detector in the travel trailer was not working.

They said the woman is now staying with relatives.