Two Burned In Bartlesville Water Heater Explosion


Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 11:43 am
By: News On 6


Authorities say two painters were burned when a water heater sparked an explosion in a Bartlesville home Tuesday morning.

KWON Radio, a Radio Oklahoma Network affiliate in Bartlesville, reports the explosion happened at around 10 a.m. at a home on Rice Creek Road west of Highway 75.  

Two painters were spraying lacquer inside the garage when fumes were ignited by the pilot light on the water heater, authorities said.

Both painters were taken to Hillcrest Medical Center's burn center in Tulsa, one by ambulance and one by medical helicopter.  

The garage at the back of the home suffered some damage from the explosion. Authorities said the explosion blew out part of a wall in the home, but the damage was not extensive, according to the Bartlesville Fire Department.