Oklahoma State returns home Saturday to face Texas in Boone Pickens Stadium, with kickoff set for 11 a.m. on ABC. A closer look at the matchup:
An Oklahoma State Win Would...
• Be the Cowboys' fifth in their last seven meetings with Texas.
• Mark the third time that the Cowboys have beaten a ranked Texas team. The previous two wins came in 2011 and 2013.
• Snap Texas's eight-game winning streak over the Cowboys in Stillwater that dates back to 1997.
• Be Mike Gundy's fifth career win over Texas. Prior to Gundy, no other OSU coach had beaten the Longhorns more than once.
• Improve the Cowboys to 38-17 in Big 12 Conference games since 2010.
• Improve the Cowboys to 27-8 in their last 35 games played against teams from the state of Texas.
• Mark the 18th time that the Cowboys have beaten an opponent ranked in the top 25 of the Associated Press poll since Mike Gundy took over as head coach in 2005.
• Mark the 11th time that the Cowboys have beaten a ranked opponent at Boone Pickens Stadium under Mike Gundy.
• Improve the Cowboys to 29-7 in their last 36 home games under Mike Gundy.
• Mark the ninth time in the last 10 seasons that the Cowboys have won their Big 12 home opener.
• Bring Mike Gundy to within four victories of the 100-win mark for his career.
A head-to-head comparison of the two teams, with 2016 NCAA rank in parentheses:
When Oklahoma State Has The Ball...
Oklahoma State Total Offense Per Game – 466.8 (41st)
Texas Total Defense Per Game – 386.3 (68th)
Oklahoma State Rushing Offense Per Game – 126.8 (109th)
Texas Rushing Defense Per Game – 150.7 (62nd)
Oklahoma State Passing Offense Per Game – 340.0 (11th)
Texas Passing Defense Per Game – 235.7 (75th)
Oklahoma State Turnovers Lost – 8 (101st)
Texas Turnovers Gained – 1 (127th)
Oklahoma State Field Goals/Season Long – 6-for-8/Long of 53 yards
Oklahoma State Net Punting – 40.94 (27th)
Texas Punt Returns – 9.55 (51st)
Oklahoma State Kickoff Returns – 15.0 (123rd)
Texas Kickoff Return Defense – 21.67 (82nd)
When Texas Has The Ball...
Texas Total Offense Per Game – 500.3 (22nd)
Oklahoma State Total Defense Per Game – 417.8 (87th)
Texas Rushing Offense Per Game – 238.3 (22nd)
Oklahoma State Rushing Defense Per Game – 143.3 (55th)
Texas Passing Offense Per Game – 262.0 (44th)
Oklahoma State Passing Defense Per Game – 274.5 (107th)
Texas Turnovers Lost – 4 (25th)
Oklahoma State Turnovers Gained – 9 (14th)
Texas Field Goals/Season Long – 5-for-7/Long of 43 yards
Texas Net Punting – 44.73 (7th)
Oklahoma State Punt Returns – 16.25 (12th)
Texas Kickoff Returns – 17.5 (112th)
Oklahoma State Kickoff Return Defense – 15.78 (12th)