Pumpkin Chile Con Queso
Tuesday, September 27th 2016, 9:09 am
By: News On 6
- 1 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10-ounce) can 365 Everyday Value® Organic Petite Diced Tomatoes with Jalapeños & Cilantro, drained, liquid reserved
- 1/2 pound (about 2 cups) shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- In a medium pot, vigorously whisk together broth, pumpkin, flour and reserved tomato liquid until well combined.
- Bring just to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking often, and then lower heat to medium-low and simmer until silky and thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in cheese, a handful at a time.
- When completely melted, stir in tomatoes and sour cream and serve warm.