Apple Blueberry Cinnamon Oatmeal
Thursday, September 22nd 2016, 8:47 am
By: News On 6
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup thick rolled oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 large Honey Crisp apple, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Chia seed
- ¼ cup dried tart cherries
- 3 tbsp. pecans or walnuts, chopped
- In a saucepan, combine water, cinnamon and vanilla. Bring to a boil and stir in the oats.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add the frozen blueberries.
- Cook for several minutes and then remove from heat when the berries are thawed.
- Cover and let stand for about 15 minutes, until the oats have absorbed the water.
- Mix in the apples, nuts, Chia seeds, and cherries.
- Sweeten with a little raw honey if extra sweetening is desired.