Oatmeal Peach Bars
Wednesday, August 31st 2016, 8:48 am
By: News On 6
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups frozen sliced peaches, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8” pan with parchment.
- In a medium bowl place butter, oats, flour, sugar, and pecans. Using fingers, blend ingredients until butter in not visible. Set aside one-fourth of the mixture, about a cup, in a small bowl.
- Into the parchment lined pan, place the remaining oatmeal mix. Using a metal measuring cup, press out an even layer.
- In a medium bowl combine peaches, 1 tablespoon sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture onto the pressed crust in the pan. Crumble reserved oatmeal mixture over the top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes in pan. Using the parchment to help, remove from pan and cut into bars.