Police Focus Patrols At Tulsa's Shopping Centers This Weekend
Saturday, August 6th 2016, 7:27 am
By: News On 6
Tulsa Police have issued some personal safety tips for shoppers this tax-free shopping weekend.
The annual tax-free event runs through Sunday night and TPD says officers will focus patrols on the city's major shopping centers.
TPD says its Riverside Division will be watching shopping centers at 41st and Yale, Utica Square and Tulsa Hills. And its Mingo Valley Division will focus on shopping centers along 71st Street from Memorial Drive to Garnett Road.
Police said in addition, shoppers are reminded to be cautious and keep in mind personal safety tips while shopping this weekend:
- Always lock and secure your vehicle while shopping. Thieves routinely take the opportunity left by an unsecured vehicle to commit a quick and easy burglary.
- While going from store to store, hide bags and items already bought in a place within the vehicle that is not visible from the outside. Always conceal valuables when they are left in the car.
- Do not leave your purse or wallet unattended in a shopping cart while shopping.
- Be vigilant and aware of your surroundings while shopping and going to and from your vehicle.
- Report suspicious or unusual activity as quickly as possible.