Jalapeno Popper Mac & Cheese
Friday, July 22nd 2016, 9:33 am
By: News On 6
- 1 (12-ounce) package Della Terra campanelle pasta
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 tablespoons Hiland Butter
- ½ cup Shawnee Mills All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Hiland whole milk
- 1 cup Hiland half and half
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup shredded Lovera’s Caciocavera cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Ace in the Bowl salsa
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta according to package directions. As pasta is cooking, cook bacon until crisp, and then crumble.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add flour, stirring for about 2 minutes or until light brown. Gradually add milk and half and half, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil until thickened and smooth.
- Remove from heat, and add cream cheese, Gruyere, cheddar and salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with cheese sauce. Fold in crumbled bacon and salsa. Pour into a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top with sliced jalapenos, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until top is bubbly and golden brown.