One firefighter was hurt in an incident at an industrial company in East Tulsa Friday afternoon. Officials said his gear malfunctioned and he inhaled fumes.
The company is called Precise Machining and Manufacturing and is located near 129th East Avenue and Pine.
The call came in as a small building fire around 3:30 Friday afternoon.
Firefighters determined they couldn't use water on the fire because of chemicals and had to use a dry solution. They said it took longer to put out the flames because they had to go back and forth getting the foam.
"That's what took them so long to put the fire out because they had to keep bringing dry chemical fire extinguishers inside," said Captain John Sawyer with TFD.
Video from Osage SkyNews 6 HD showed a firefighter brought out on a stretcher and breathing oxygen. Other firefighters had to be washed off as a precautionary so they wouldn't inhale the chemicals.
The video also showed firefighters bring three small burning metal drums out of the building and dousing them with foam.
Officials said the scene should be cleared soon but Hazmat is monitoring the air and water runoff to make sure the chemical inside isn't toxic.
Only light smoke was shown coming from outside the building.
No one was inside the building when the fire happened, but employees in other buildings were taken away from the scene.
The roads were re-opened before 6:00.
The company houses filters for a sand blasting operation in the building.
TFD has not released the condition of the injured firefighter at this time.