Oil Lamp May Have Sparked Tulsa House Fire


Thursday, August 6th 2015, 10:03 am
By: News On 6


The Tulsa Fire Department believes an oil lamp caused a small fire in a home Thursday morning.  

The incident happened at about 8 a.m. in the 2500 block of East Newton Street near North Lewis. Firefighters said one person was home at the time but was not injured.  

The fire department said the home, which had no utilities, sustained only minor damage.

Captain Stan May said the man credits his battery-powered smoke detector for waking him up.