Ingredients: Dressing (yield: 2/3 cup)
· 1 cup fresh strawberries
· ¼ cup packed fresh basil
· 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
· 1 tbsp water
· 1-2 tsp. agave nectar, to taste
· fine grain sea salt & black pepper, to taste
· Slivered almonds, toasted
· shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
· mixed Greens
· strawberries, chopped
· fresh basil
· 1 cup cooked quinoa (Optional)
· feta cheese (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 300F. Toast the almonds for about 7-8 minutes and then remove and add the coconut. Toast another 2-4 minutes, or until lightly golden, watching closely so the coconut doesn't burn.
2. In a food processor, add the strawberries, basil, lemon juice, and water. Process until smooth. Add in the salt, pepper, and maple syrup to taste and process again.
3. Assemble the salad as desired laying spinach, quinoa, strawberries, basil, feta, almonds. Leftover dressing should keep for at least a few days in a sealed container.