Students were moved to new classrooms after a sprinkler system malfunction at Sand Springs Schools Friday morning.
Sand Springs firefighters were called to Clyde Boyd Middle School, 305 West 35th Street, on a fire alarm at about 6:30 a.m. They found no fire, but they did find some flooding from the faulty sprinkler head. A firefighter at the scene said six classrooms had about a half inch of water.
Superintendent Lloyd Snow says they will be able to hold classes without much disruption, moving students to other rooms temporarily.
He didn't think there was enough damage to to warrant any type of restoration - just some time for things to dry out.