Crews Work To Restore Heat To Sand Springs Family Village
Monday, December 29th 2014, 8:57 am
By: News On 6
Crews continue working to restore gas services for a neighborhood for single mothers and kids in Sand Springs. After working all day Sunday, crews will be back out today to repair the leak and restore gas service.
The Charles Page Family Village - formerly known as the Widow's Colony - has been without heat since a gas leak was discovered early Sunday morning. The line supplies gas to all the residences at the village, so there has been no heat or hot water.
Many residents had to leave to find warm places to stay, though some were housed at a rec center.
12/28/2014 Related Story: Families Displaced By Sand Springs Gas Leak
Family Village Director Mary Johnson said as soon as they found out about the leak, they began preparing unaffected buildings for moms and their kids.
"We've opened up the activities center for the families that don't have a place to go and we'll keep this open as long as we need to," village director Mary Johnson said.
The Red Cross was also called out to help.