Smoke Causes Problems At Sapulpa QuikTrip, Wendy's


Saturday, December 20th 2014, 11:00 am
By: News On 6


Two Sapulpa businesses were evacuated after smoke filled them just before midnight Friday. It happened at a building shared between a QuikTrip and Wendy's at 6008 South 49th West Avenue.

Sapulpa firefighters say a heating/air conditioning unit that was located in the ceiling malfunctioned and caused the smoke. The ball bearings in the unit were giving out, according to a fire captain at the scene.

Customers and employees got out safely. The businesses were closed for a short time until the smoke was cleared.

Sapulpa police and Tulsa firefighters assisted.