8 oz Mahi Mahi
1 Tablespoon Butter
½ cup diced tomatoes
2 Tablespoons of diced onions
Salt as needed
½ teaspoon garlic
pinch of chopped habanero pepper
5 oz White Rice
1. Make rice according to directions.
2. Put butter in non stick pan, sauté the onion, habanero, tomato, and garlic
3. Meanwhile, squeeze a quarter of a lime all over the fish then sprinkle with salt. Then add the mahi to the pan with the sauté mixture and cover it at medium low heat for 7-10 minutes.
4. In a separate pan make your Caribbean vegetables (see Caribbean Veg recipe)
5. Serve the Caribbean Medley over the rice. Place the Mahi atop the Caribbean Medley and pour sauté mixture over the entire dish.
3 oz shredded green cabbage
1 oz grated carrots (julienned)
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
2 oz half moon yellow onion
½ oz butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
¼ teaspoon of curry powder
1. Place butter in a sauté pan, heat over medium heat. Sweat the onion until translucent, then add cabbage and carrots and continue to sauté until cabbage is tender but al dente.
2. Add salt, pepper and curry powder and stir.
3. Remove from fire and cover until ready to plate.