Tulsa Fire Department Says Fatal House Fire Caused By Space Heater


Monday, January 6th 2014, 11:42 am
By: News On 6


The Tulsa Fire Department says the cause of a fatal house fire late Sunday was a space heater too close to combustible items.

An elderly man was found dead inside the home in the 1500 block of West Oklahoma at 11:15 p.m.  The victim was identified only as a man in his mid-80s.

Flames and smoke were coming from the home when firefighters arrived at the home. The fire department says it took firefighters about 15 minutes to get the flames under control because of all the belongings stored in house, many of which had caught fire.