Fire Damages Tulsa Home Using Fireplace As Heat Source


Tuesday, December 31st 2013, 7:33 am
By: News On 6


The Tulsa Fire Department says a man using his fireplace as a heating source is now without a place to stay after a fire damages the home's attic late Monday.

Firefighters were sent to the home near Xyler and Marion at 11:30 p.m.

Firefighter Brian Fields says the home did not have electricity and the fireplace was the source of heat for the home.

He says the fire spread up the chimney and into the attic area.

The resident was able to get out without being injured.

The Red Cross is helping the man with a place to stay.