1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who reside in NEWSON6 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA") except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. Employees of NEWSON6 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWSON6 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
5. How to enter: Participant's may enter the 2013 State Fair Safe Room Giveaway by visiting the News On 6 booth, at the Tulsa State Fair and completing an entry form. ALL information requested must be given on an entry form. If an entry form is missing a response, it will be deemed null and void, and that participant will not be entered into the drawing. In the event a participant does not have an email or telephone number, they should respond with "NONE". However, no entry will be accepted without a phone number or an email address. This information will be used when contacting the winner. Therefore, each participant to receive a valid entry must either have a phone number or an email address.
The News On 6 booth is located inside the River Spirit Expo Building, upper level, spots 407 & 408. For a map of the River Spirit Expo Building, click here. The News On 6 booth will be open during regular Building Hours which are as follows:
September 26, 2013: 5:00pm-10:00pm
September 27, 2013: 10:00am-10:00pm
September 28, 2013: 10:00am-10:00pm
September 29, 2013: 10:00am-10:00pm
September 30, 2013: 11:00am-10:00pm
October 1, 2013: 11:00am-10:00pm
October 2, 2013: 11:00am-10:00pm
October 3, 2013: 11:00am-10:00pm
October 4, 2013: 10:00am-10:00pm
October 5, 2013: 10:00am-10:00pm
October 6, 2013: 10:00am-9:00pm
6. Prize: One (1) 4' x 6' Jim Giles above ground steel safe room (Approx. Value: $5,150). One (1) winner will be selected by random number generator from all entries received during the Tulsa State Fair. Deadline to enter is Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 9:00pm. Winner will be selected and announced on-air Wednesday, October 9, 2013. Only one (1) entry per person, for the duration of this giveaway, will be accepted. If multiple entries are received, only one (1) entry will be submitted into the drawing.
7. Alternate form of Entry: Participants may submit a postcard entry via mail or hand delivery to NEWS ON 6: 2013 State Fair Safe Room Giveaway, 303 N. Boston, Tulsa, OK 74103. Post card entry must include participant's name, town, zip, age, email address and contact phone number. If an entry form does not include a phone number or an email address, such entry will be deemed null and void. All Entries must be received by 4:30 p.m. on October 4, 2013. Entries from the News On 6 State Fair Booth and the alternate form of entry's will be combined and one (1) winner will be selected by random number generator. No more than one (1) entry, per person will be accepted from both forms of entry, combined. Therefore, if a participant enters this giveaway at the News On 6 State Fair Booth AND by delivering a postcard entry to News On 6, only one (1) entry will be submitted into the drawing. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible.
8. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWSON6, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
9. "Contest Officials" designated by the management of NEWSON6 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
10. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
11. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
12. NEWSON6 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
13. If the prize winner cannot be notified within three (3) days of the winner selection, does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner or for other reasons set forth in these rules, is determined not to be an eligible winner, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner.
14. No substitution or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed. Transfer is subject to terms as provided herein.
15. Transfer: In the event winner rents an apartment, rents a house and/or winner does not personally own their home, winner shall be entitled to designate an alternative individual to accept possession of the prize ("Winner's Designate"). Such Winner's Designate must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, must own their own home and shall be subject to the same requirements as Winner in order to accept the prize. In the event that Winner's Designate is excluded from taking possession of the prize for whatever reason (i.e. does not own their home), then the prize is forfeited and neither the Winner or Winner's Designate shall have the right to designate an alternative individual to accept the prize.
16. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner, Official Rules and IRS Form W-9 ("Documents") provided by NEWSON6. The signed Documents must be received by NEWSON6 within ten (10) days of the winner's notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. NEWSON6 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
17. Installation: Prize includes standard garage installation. This specific safe room is not designed and is not available for patio or outdoor installation. According to HILTI & FEMA requirements, a reinforced 4" concrete slab is required and is subject to a concrete inspection prior to installation. The Winner/Winner's Designate is responsible for contacting Jim Giles' Certified Safe Rooms, phone #: (918) 639-8102, to schedule the installation of prize. Installation of the Safe Room must occur on or before December 31, 2013 or prize will be forfeited. Installation depends on availability and is subject to change due to weather, scheduling conflicts, etc.
18. Installation Fees: If applicable, it will be the responsibility of the Winner/Winner's Designate to apply for and secure any required permits, licenses, applications or any other documentation required by the town or city where the safe room will be installed. Winner/Winner's Designate will not be reimbursed for any required permits, licenses, applications or any other payments incurred for installation.
19. Additional Fees: In the event there are other, unforeseen installation fees, it will be the responsibility of the Winner/Winner's Designate to pay.
20. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
22. Complete rules are available at NEWSON6 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.newson6.com.