Granola and Greek Yogurt Parfait
To make granola:
• Four tablespoons Griffin's Original Syrup
• Four tablespoons vegetable oil
• One teaspoon Griffin's vanilla
• One cup old-fashioned rolled oats
• One-half cup pecan halves or sliced almonds
• One-quarter cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
• One-quarter teaspoon salt
• One-half teaspoon ground cinnamon
• One-quarter cup mixed dried fruit, diced
• One-quarter cup dried cranberries
1. Combine syrup, vegetable oil and vanilla in a small bowl. Heat on high in microwave for one minute, stirring halfway through.
2. In a medium bowl, combine oats, nuts, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and dried fruit.
3. Pour the syrup mixture into the oat mixture, stirring to combine.
4. Pour mixture onto a rimmed cookie sheet or roasting pan.
5. In a preheated 350-degree oven, bake for 30 to 35 minutes, turning halfway through, until lightly browned.
6. Turn out onto a sheet of aluminum foil, and cool completely.
To make parfait:
• Two cups plain Hiland Greek yogurt
• Two cups fresh berries
• Four tablespoons honey
1. In a glass or ramekin, spoon in two tablespoons yogurt.
2. Spoon two tablespoons granola on top of yogurt.
3. Spoon fruit on top of granola.
4. Drizzle honey on top of each parfait.
Sausage-Egg Biscuit Casserole
• One (6-ounce) package Shawnee Mills Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
• One cup Hiland milk, divided
• One-half teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped fine
• One tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• Six sausage patties from one bag of frozen Country Cousin Pork Sausage Patties
• One cup shredded cheddar cheese or jack cheese
• Six eggs
• One-fourth teaspoon salt
• One-fourth teaspoon pepper
1. Combine biscuit mix with one-half cup milk, rosemary and parsley. Mix just until combined.
2. Place mixture on a floured surface and knead just until a soft dough is formed. With a rolling pin, roll into a rectangle.
3. Place dough in a greased 11-by-7 inch dish. Press into bottom of the pan.
4. Warm sausage according to package directions. Once heated through, place sausage patties over the biscuit dough. Top with cheese.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with one-half cup milk, salt and pepper. Pour over sausage and cheese.
6. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove cover, and bake another 10 minutes until hot and bubbling.
Bacon Maple Rolls
• 10 slices Bar-S Fully Cooked Bacon
• One package Shawnee Mills Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
• One-half cup Hiland milk
• One-quarter cup light brown sugar
• One cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• One cup Griffin's syrup
1. Cook the bacon in microwave. Crumble, then set aside.
2. Stir together the biscuit mix and milk to form a soft dough. Knead the dough until smooth.
3. On a floured surface, roll out into a rectangle.
4. In a small bowl, combine bacon, brown sugar and cheese. Sprinkle onto dough, leaving a one-inch border.
5. Roll dough and then pinch edges to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
6. Place slices on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. In a preheated 375-degree oven, bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Remove from baking sheet and drizzle with warm Griffin's Syrup.