Tulsa Man Not Hurt When Gas Vapors Ignite, Burn Pickup Truck


Thursday, March 7th 2013, 7:45 am
By: News On 6


A Tulsa man's pickup truck went up in flames early Thursday when vapors from a gasoline container caught fire.

It happened at about 3 a.m. at a home near 140th East Avenue and 27th Place.

Tulsa Fire says the man had filled up a gas canister on the way home and was going to bring it inside, when a spark lit the canister on fire.

"It just blew up in my face, flash burned. And then, turned around and looked and the whole truck's on fire," said Phillip Davis.

Flames melted part of the garage, but did not spread to the house.

Davis was checked out by EMSA paramedics but was not transported to the hospital.  The pickup truck was destroyed.