Tulsa Lawsuit Over Edible Garden Draws Most Readers In 2012
Monday, December 31st 2012, 12:41 pm
By: News On 6
As 2012 comes to a close, we look at the top 10 stories on NewsOn6.com. Some tragic, like the home invasion deaths of Tulsans Bob and Nancy Strait and the shooting death of young racer Donnie Ray Crawford III.
Others attracted readers because of their oddity - like the mother of a 3-year-old boy receiving a $2,500 ticket for not getting him to the bathroom in time.
Our top story of the year shows how passionate people can be about property rights and growing their own food. The woman who sued the city of Tulsa for cutting down her edible garden received letters of support from all over the world.
Here are the top 10 stories of the year, according to page views:
1. Woman Sues City Of Tulsa For Cutting Down Her Edible Garden
2. Former President Of ORU Richard Roberts Arrested For DUI, Speeding
3. Chili Bowl Racer Donnie Ray Crawford III Killed By His Grandfather
4. 12-Year-Old Girl Shoots Intruder During Home Invasion In Bryan County
5. Piedmont Mom Gets $2,500 Ticket After Son, 3, Urinates In Front Yard
6. Bartlesville Woman Charged With Lewd Acts With Minor In Tanning Booth
7. Family Of Tulsa Couple Beaten In Home Invasion: 'They'd Do Anything For Anyone'
8. Garth Brooks' Lawsuit Over $500,000 Hospital Donation Goes To Trial
9. Gunman Opens Fire Outside Tulsa County Courthouse, Suspect Identified
10. Residents Return To Wildfire-Ravaged Creek County
12/31/2012 Related Story: NewsOn6.com: Most Watched Videos Of 2012