Two Maple Ridge Homes Damaged By Fire Overnight


Thursday, December 20th 2012, 8:38 am

By: News On 6


Two houses in Tulsa's Maple Ridge neighborhood were damaged overnight by fire caused by arching power lines, firefighters said.

The Tulsa Fire Department responded to a report of a kitchen fire at a house near 20th Street and Owasso Avenue about 3:15 a.m.

They were able to quickly put out the fire.

A short time later, a family of four came out of the house next door and said their house was on fire. Firefighters went inside and said they found the source of the smoke was energized wiring.

They determined the fire in the first house was caused by the natural gas line becoming energized.

No one was hurt.

Public Service Company of Oklahoma and Oklahoma Natural Gas were called.

The occupants stayed in a personal vehicle and a fire truck until the situation could be stabilized.

logo

Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News On 6 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

December 20th, 2012

April 18th, 2022

April 18th, 2022

April 18th, 2022

Top Headlines

September 25th, 2022

September 24th, 2022

September 24th, 2022

September 24th, 2022