Rape Victim Relieved Attacker Was Given 100-Year Sentence

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 6:41 pm
By: News On 6

Brian Gibson, 22, pleaded guilty last week to beating and raping three Tulsa women.

Even though he told the judge he'd learned his lesson and asked for mercy, he was sentenced to 100 years in prison.

Gibson knew all three of his victims.

He dated his third victim for about a year, his second victim for about a month.

But his first victim, whom he only met twice, pulled a gun on her and beat, choked and raped her.

Callie is a mother of two and a survivor of rape.

In January 2010, she met a man on Myspace and after talking daily for a week, met him once and he seemed like a nice guy, so she agreed to second get together at his apartment.

"I told him the night before, ‘I am coming out there to hang out. I'm not having sex with you.' I made it very clear," she said.

Callie said it went well until he tried to get fresh and she refused.

He ripped off her pants, then he got out a gun.

"…He snapped, came across the living room and grabbed me by the throat and shoved me down on a futon," Callie said.

He knocked her to the ground and choked her to the point she was blacking out.

Callie is 4-foot-11 and weighs 95 pounds. Gibson 6-3 and weighs 210 pounds.

"I literally thought that was the day I was going to die," Callie said.

Callie reported the rape a few days later, then moved out of state, until a detective called, saying Gibson had raped two more women.

Records show the next attack happened in September 2011, and Gibson ripped off his ex-girlfriend's shorts, choked, punched and raped her.

The next rape happened just a month later as a girl was trying to break up with him, he pulled a knife and punched, strangled and raped her.

"I felt guilty because of the fact it happened to me first," Callie said.

All three women were in court and Callie faced her greatest fear. She looked Gibson straight in the eye when she told the judge how the attack had changed her.

Judge Tom Gillert sentenced Gibson to a total of 100 years in prison.

"I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders," Callie said. "I still have panic attacks, but I felt like he doesn't have that control over me anymore."

Callie wants to encourage other rape victims to come forward immediately after an attack and to stick to it through the court process even though it's tough.

She said even though she and the other two victims are changed forever, they are still standing and there is comfort and strength in that.