1 Bevo Brisket Flat, 6-8 lbs.
Joe's All Purpose Seasoning
Joe's Great Grill Seasoning
1- Texan to cry like a baby
• Fire up your Grill/Smoker as per the instructions in the manual.
• Make sure to build the fire next to one side of the grill, or in the Firebox so that you cook with indirect heat.
• Trim brisket to have no more than ¼ inch of fat inside and out.
• Liberally apply Joe BBQ All Purpose Rub and Joe BBQ Steak Rub.
• Once charcoal is ready to cook on, add a few wood chunks to the fire.
• Cook brisket (unwrapped) at 250ºF to 275ºF using indirect heat and smoke for 4 hours flipping every hour. Make sure brisket is positioned away from the coal bed, near the smoke stack. Add charcoal and wood as needed to maintain cooking temperature.
• After brisket has cooked 4 hours, place brisket in foil.
• Continue to cook for approximately 3 hours at 275 to 300 degrees
• Pull brisket from cooker and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour before slicing and serving. Slice against the grain for best results.
• Make sure that brisket reaches a minimum internal meat temperature of 190F. For best results, keep brisket from exceeding 200ºF.
• To keep the Texan from crying on your grill, give him a beer from time to time. He can then go cry in the corner with his beer!
• Serve with BBQ Beans, BBQ Spicy Slaw, Pickles, Peppers, Onions, Bread and Joe's BBQ Sauce for a real Bevo Feast!
Total cooking time: 7 hours
Recommended wood(s): Pecan, Hickory, or Oak