Tulsa Man Allegedly Kidnaps Woman, Rapes, Attacks Her For 7 Days

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 12:44 pm
By: News On 6

A convicted felon is again behind bars, accused of kidnapping a woman and violently raping and attacking her over a seven-day period before she escaped. 

It is the second time in less than four months Jeremy Wesley Harp, 23, of Tulsa, has been accused of similar crimes. The latest alleged victim told police that after being repeatedly assaulted for a week, she couldn't even recognize her own face in the mirror.

Harp on Tuesday was arrested by the Northern Oklahoma Violent Crimes Task Force for outstanding warrants regarding a reported attack on a pregnant woman in June. Police also questioned him about new claims from a second woman.

He reportedly told police the second woman went for a walk and came back beaten up, an arrest report says.

Harp was booked into the Tulsa County jail on complaints of rape, sodomy, kidnapping, domestic assault and battery and marijuana possession. He is being held in lieu of $138,750 bond.

The second alleged victim told police Harp called her on September 22 and "told her he was coming to get her and if she didn't come out he was going to kick her friend's door in," an investigator wrote in the report.

The woman told police she went with Harp to keep her friend safe, but Harp took her to another friend's residence and held her against her will for seven days. Harp assaulted her many times and forced her to have sexual intercourse and perform sex acts on him. He also used household objects to rape her, the report says.

Harp allowed the woman to go to the hospital, but directed her to lie to hospital staff and tell them "two gay guys beat her up" and would not let her be alone in the emergency room, the report says.

The woman escaped from Harp on September 29, called police and underwent a sexual assault exam. Results showed the woman had two black eyes, multiple bruises all over her body and tears in her genital areas, police said.

According to an affidavit filed in Tulsa County District Court, felony domestic assault and battery and kidnapping charges are still pending against Harp in a case involving the first woman, to whom he was engaged. Harp got into an argument with his pregnant fiancée in June, held her against her will for 24 hours, punched her in the face and arms repeatedly and broke her phone so she couldn't call police, the affidavit says.

An online search of Department of Corrections records shows that Harp served six months in a minimum security prison in 2008 after he was convicted of possession of a stolen vehicle and other related crimes. The remainder of his sentence was suspended until August 2012.

Harp was also given a three-year suspended sentence for second-degree burglary in 2009, which ended in February 2012.

Firearms charges against Harp were dismissed in 2009.