Sapulpa Man Credits Fire Department For Saving Home


Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 4:30 pm
By: Dee Duren


Sapulpa firefighters are investigating a house fire that damaged a residence Tuesday afternoon.

It happened in the 200 block of North Linden at about 1:30 p.m. Next door neighbor Bill VanMeter noticed black smoke then saw flames shooting from the back porch of the home.

The heat from the fire melted VanMeter's blinds and siding and cracked windows on his home.

"The fire department being so quick is probably what saved our house," he said.

Assistant Sapulpa Fire Chief Dave Taylor told News On 6 that a man, woman and baby were unharmed in the blaze. Their other children were still in school.

Most of the damage was restricted to the back of the home.

"We made a quick attack; got it knocked down," Taylor said. 

The fire Marshall's preliminary investigation indicates that the origin of the fire was electrical, Taylor said.