Residents Of A Tulsa Duplex Wake Up To Flames, Smoke


Sunday, May 8th 2011, 2:57 pm
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, Oklahoma -- Residents of a Tulsa duplex woke up to a fire early Sunday morning.

Tulsa fire crews responded to 12400 E. 11th Court around 6:45 a.m.

Upon arrival, they found flames and heavy smoke coming from the back side of the building. They immediately made a search inside and found that the back section of the building was unoccupied.

A family living in the front half of the duplex was able to get out before crews arrived.

Tulsa Fire Captain Randy Steed said crews had the fire under control very quickly. Damage was minimal to the front side of the building.

Steed said the fire appears to have been caused by a faulty electrical box.

Red Cross was dispatched and assisted one family.