Dryer Blamed For Fire That Destroyed West Tulsa Home


Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 7:35 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

OAKHURST, Oklahoma -- A west Tulsa home was destroyed by fire early Wednesday.

The Tulsa Fire Department responded to the fire on 64th West Avenue at West 59th Street shortly after 1 a.m.

Firefighters found the home engulfed in flames.

Instead of trying to save what was left, firefighters from Oakhurst, Berryhill and Sapulpa worked to keep the flames from spreading to structures on either side of the home.

Fire officials say the man who lives there is a truck driver who had left town on Tuesday and apparently left a dryer on.

None of the homes nearby was damaged and no one was injured.