Tulsa Family Wakes To Early Morning Fire


Sunday, February 6th 2011, 12:21 pm
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, Oklahoma -- A Tulsa man woke Sunday morning to smoke filling his home in the 3700 block of 82nd Street South. The homeowner could tell the smoke was coming from the garage, according to Acting District Chief Captain Kelly Kaiser of the Tulsa Fire Department.

The homeowner touched the door between the house and the garage and felt the heat so did not open the door, Kaiser said. Instead, he got his family of the house and called 911.

Tulsa firefighters responded at about 2 a.m., and the garage was in flames. They ripped the garage door off the house and began the fire attack, Kaiser said. They successfully put out the blaze before it spread to the rest of the home.

Kaiser said that garage fires are always dangerous due to accelerants that are commonly kept inside the garage. There were no injuries, but there was smoke damage to the rest of the house.