TULSA, Oklahoma -- Tulsa firefighters suspect a space heater is to blame for a house fire in the 1600 block of North Delaware Thursday morning.
A neighbor called in the fire at about 6 a.m., saying the man who lives in the house was trying to put the fire out by throwing snow on it. It did not work.
"It was a sad story," the neighbor told News On 6.
The fire was mostly confined to a front bedroom where a space heater apparently got too close to the bed.
The resident was able to get out of the house, but the man's dog, a bull mastiff, died in the fire.