Burning Mattress Damages Two Tulsa Apartment Units


Saturday, January 29th 2011, 12:52 pm
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, Oklahoma -- A burning mattress under an apartment staircase temporarily trapped two people in an upstairs apartment overnight Saturday at the Meadowbrook Apartments.

Just after 2 a.m. Tulsa Fire was dispatched to the complex at 422 S. Mingo and arrived to find an exterior staircase on fire. They found a mattress that had been set on fire under the staircase near a downstairs apartment and two residents trapped inside an apartment upstairs.

There was minor smoke damage but neither apartment had interior damage. Firefighters believed the residents would be able to stay in the units.

If you know anything about this fire, call 596-ARSN.