1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cup whole almonds
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg white and vanilla until frothy but not stiff; stir in nuts until well coated.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the sugars, salt and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the nuts. Toss to coat, and spread evenly onto the parchment lined pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool completely, and then store nuts in an airtight container.
Yield: 3 cups nuts
From Fabulous Foodie Favorites: Cook, Eat, Smile, Repeat! by Kitchen Kimberley
Every fair and festival features these irresistible almonds, but why wait until a foodie festival when you can easily make them at home? These simple treats also make a wonderful holiday or hostess gift when placed in a cellophane baggie!
Kitchen Kimberley's Tips:
- This cinnamon coating is also delicious on whole cashews or pecans, or a mixture of nuts.
- Nuts will dry as they bake, and crisp as they cool. Enjoy!
- Find more great recipes like this one on my website: www.kitchenkimberley.com