2 c. granulated sugar
1 c. unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla
1 (4 oz.) pkg. Baker's German Sweet Chocolate, melted
3 c. all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
1 c. buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add vanilla and melted chocolate; blend thoroughly.
5. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
6. Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture.
7. Pour batter into a lightly greased and floured 10" tube pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
8. When cake is done, let stand in pan for 10 minutes, and then remove and cover loosely with foil until completely cool. Enjoy!
Yield: 16 servings
From Sweet Treasures by Kitchen Kimberley