1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents at least 18 years of age who reside in the Cox Tulsa service area except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. To find out if you reside in a Cox service area, log onto www.cox.com and enter your zip code. Employees of Griffin Communications, L.L.C. ("Griffin"), andCoxCom, Inc. d/b/a Cox Communications Oklahoma ("Cox"), The News on 6 ("News 6"), News 9 ("News 9"), Radio Oklahoma Network ("Radio Oklahoma") and their respective affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated TV or radio stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register for or participate in the Contest. Cox and Griffin are hereinafter referred to as the "Sponsors".
2. Only one prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by Griffin Communications or The News On 6 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. How to win. Winners will be selected by a panel of at least  contest officials from the Cox Business Data Product Team and McAfee (the "Contest Officials") on or about November 5, 2010. The following criteria and point system will be used to determine a winner. (1) 50% - story's application to online security threats and security applications; (2) 25% - story's content appeal to the general audience and (3) 25% - creativity used in telling the story. In the event of a tie, the story's application to online security threats and security applications criteria will be the tie-breaking factor. The decision of the Contest Officials is final.
4. How to enter. Entries will be accepted between October 1, 2010 and October 31, 2010 (the "Contest Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on October 31, 2010.
Participants may enter the Scary Data Loss Stories Contest in one of the following three ways:
1) Submit your written scariest data loss story by uploading it from the contest home page.
2) Submit a video telling your scariest data loss story. Upload your video from the contest home page. Create a video less than 5 minutes in length that describes your scariest data loss story. Videos can be cell phone videos or fully produced pieces. If any entry video is unable to be viewed by the Contest Officials for any reason whatsoever, that video shall be disqualified and neither the Contest Officials nor the Contest Entities will not be responsible or liable for any such inability.
3) Submit a photo and your written story of yourself and any other person(s) involved in your scariest data loss story. Story and photo have a character limit of 1000. Photographs can be submitted in a .jpg, .bmp, or .gif format. Photograph and story can be uploaded from the contest home page.
Entry Restrictions. By submitting an entry, (1) entrant is responsible for obtaining permission of any other person other than entrant prior to submission of using the other person(s) name, likeness, image or identity in a video or photograph; (2) your entry cannot depict trademarked apparel; (3) your entry must be suitable for a general audience; (4) your entry cannot contain any nudity, sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content (all as determined in the sole discretion of Contest Officials); (5) your entry cannot contain any commercial content that promotes any products(s) or services (s) other than those of the Sponsors; (6) your entry cannot contain any trademarks, copyrighted works or other intellectual property (other than works and intellectual property that you own, or for which you have obtained royalty-free rights for the Contest Entities to use in connection with this Contest (collectively "Authorized Assets"). Any elements appearing in your entry must be entirely original, created by you,, be in the public domain, or be an Authorized Asset. Use of any materials that are not original to you, not in the public domain, or that are not an Authorized Asset may result in disqualification. All entries become the property of Sponsors, and none will be returned.
Entries can be uploaded from the contest homepage. Entries must include participant's name, age, address, daytime and nighttime phone numbers and e-mail address. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on October 31, 2010. Only one entry per person.
5. Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive an Apple ® 16 GB iPad, with an approximate retail value of $499. One (1) First Prize winner will receive a Best Buy Gift Card, with an approximate retail value of $150, (the "Prizes"). One (1) Second Prize winner will receive a Best Buy Gift Card, with an approximate retail value of $75, (the "Prizes"). No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed, except that all Prizes are subject to availability and the Sponsors may substitute a Prize or Prize component of equal or greater value. The Prizes are nontransferable and non-assignable. Gift cards are subject to Best Buy's terms and conditions.
6. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
7. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
8. Contest Officials shall be responsible for selection of winners. The Contest Entities shall be responsible for the interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
9. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree: (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Officials, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to grant Sponsors the right to use all or any portion of your entry in any and all media including without limitation, printed publications, television, radio, billboards, signage, Internet sites and any other types of advertising and promotion media, in connection with advertising and/or promotional campaigns relating to Cox services (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses or fees, for copyright, trademark or other intellectual property claims, claims for injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants' fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless they own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents; (e) not to upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer; (f) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (g) to the use of the entrant's, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotional or advertising purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
10. The Contest Officials and/or the Contest Entities shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
11. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, stolen, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Entities may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it is determined that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
12. Contest Entities reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
13. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner provided by Contest Entities. The signed Statement of Prizewinner must be received by Contest Entities within ten (10) calendar days of the winner's notification. On receipt of prize the Statement of Prizewinner will due. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. Contest Entities reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
14. If the prize winner(s) cannot be notified within seven days of the winner selection, does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner or for other reasons set forth in these rules, is determined not to be an eligible winner, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner.
15. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) days of winner's notification by Contest Entities or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
16. Complete contest rules are available at News on 6 Monday through Friday during normal business hours.